Saturday, December 15, 2007

Ecological Impact of Ecological Research

Dear Al,
I am avoiding working on my research proposal studying the effect of an invasive species - the red-eared slider turtle on the threatened red-bellied turtle and comparing that effect to the effect of habitat fragmentation and ease of human access. That sentence was way too long. I try not to print articles I can access on line or save electronically but I leave my bed room light on 'cause the dog's afraid of the dark and I leave the radio on for him. The school has these huge E85 friendly SUVs that we take to go trap turtles. Not that we have any E85 to put in them but even if we did - E85 is just as energy intensive - possibly more - as regular gas. I have endless examples. Do you understand my dilemma? I should really finish writing that report now.
Julia

No comments: